Friday, June 03, 2005

Graffiti out of frustration

“Do not use paper cups for drinking water, it cost 60 paisa per cup” – so stands a notice in the refreshment room on my floor. Well, the room contains water and coffee vending machine for ‘refreshments’. To make for some exquisite graffiti, somebody in a typical school’s toilet style has scribbled on its side, “yeah.. I know it’s a big deal for a $2 Billion Company”.

Right from the day I joined here in Bangalore, I have been largely unimpressed by the facilities provided. You will find people complaining about salary here, but nothing irritates you more when you have to eat food of the most pathetic variety and stand at the BMTC bus stops for a long time while you see loads of busses from different companies going past

There are some very good benefits provided by the company, excellent work environment, variety of technologies and domains, fast career path, onsite opportunities, decent work load and ample holidays but I fail to understand the priorities of the management. Don’t know how the company manages to keep lowest attrition rates in the industry.

Anyway, I thought about for a while whether to post this on the blog or not, but then may be I thought, there is nothing you and me can do about it so there is nothing to lose!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaha! So thats how they keep their competitive advantage ;)heheh! The secret of providing services at low costs is out!

When are you going onsite btw? We have truckloads of TCS folks at our company. It will be good to have you here... :)

Hrishi Diwan said...

Aw man... look beyond the cosmetics. Bad food, scroungy company, graffiti in the toilet, $2 billion company, bus schedules...?

Focus on paragraph 3, my friend. You aren't there to drink coffee or to go onsite (contrary to minu's ideas).

You're there to earn a living. And to find out where you're going next...

At least, that's what I tell myself ;)

Hrishi Diwan said...

You got my name wrong in the Links section... its not "Hrushi" but "Hrishi"...

Parikshit said...

Ya agree to that but i think hating the canteen where you don't have any damn thing to eat, find cockroaches in it, not having a bus service at all to go -- rather using public transport, and when i got a bike, not even having parking space!! This isn't all cosmetics, is it?